1 cup LifeField Buckwheat Groats
10 medium-sized mushrooms
1 small onion chopped
1 1/2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
2 teaspoons flour
1-cup half-and-half (or sour cream mixed with water)
Salt to taste
1 clove garlic finely cut
1/4 tsp Fresh Dill
Bay Leaf (optional)
- Wash buckwheat groats, cover with water and let stand for 10-15 minutes. (this makes it very tender)
- Heat on low flame until ready (10-12 minutes). Add salt. Set aside.
- Clean and sli. mushrooms.
- In frying pan saute mushrooms and onions in vegetable oil until “golden” (about 10 minutes), add two teaspoons of flour and stir for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add a cup of half-and-half (or sour-crearn mixed with water) and stir again.
- Add salt, black pepper, cut garlic and fresh dill. Add any spice you like such as bay leaf.
- Stir until mixture boils; turn flame down at once — the sauce should not be kept boiling.
- Place LifeField Buckwheat groats on a large serving platter and cover with sauce.
- It may also be used as a garnish and served with meat, meat balls, chops, or fish.