1/2 cup LifeField Buckwheat Groats
1 cup water
salt to taste
2 tablespoons cooking oil
1 clove garlic finely chopped
1 small onion cut up
2 heaping tablespoons Spanish Manzilla Olives, halved
1 green pepper finely cut 1/8 teaspoon fresh dill finely cut
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 teaspoon herbes de Provence
- Boil water, add LifeField Buckwheat Groats, gently stir, reduce heat, cover for about 12 minutes. Set aside.
- In separate skillet, heat oil, saute garlic and onion over low flame for two minutes. Add olives and peppers, dill, salt and pepper, stir, simmer for five minutes. Fold vegetables into buckwheat.
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- Combine LifeField buckwheat vegetable mix with meat, salt and pepper and herbes de Provence. Mold into rectangular shape. Place on Baking dish, loosely cover meat loaf with aluminum foil to retain juices. Bake for one hour and 15 minutes. Serve with Mushroom-Wine Sauce on a platter garnished with watercress and steamed carrots, and a green salad.
2 tablespoons margarine (or butter)
1 1/2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1 small clove garlic finely chopped
1 small onion finely chopped
1 tablespoon of all-purpose flour
1 cup chicken broth
1/8 teaspoon fresh dill finely cut
6-7 mushrooms thinly sliced
1/4 cup red wine
- Heat one tablespoon of margarine in saucepan, add parsley, garlic, and onion, cooking over medium heat for two to three minutes, stir. Add flour, stir and dissolve, gradually adding chicken broth and dill, stirring constantly for three minutes
- In skillet melt one tablespoon margarine, add mushrooms, simmer about five minutes
- Combine mushroom mix with sauce. add red wine and simmer ten minutes more
- Serve Mushroom-Wine Sauce in small gravy bowl.
Makes 4 servings